Bike Share of Austin Operations Technician
Join Austin's original, non-profit mobility share operator and help revolutionize the way people get around downtown! Bike Share of Austin provides the Operations for Austin BCycle, Domain BCycle, and OjO Austin.
The Operations Technician is the vital cog in the machine that keeps Bike Share of Austin's three mobility share systems running smoothly. The Ops Tech is responsible for ensuring the systems are balanced, so there are always vehicles to check out and ride by our users. You are also in charge of making sure the bikes and scooters are clean, fully operational and above all, safe. You must be able to work autonomously and think critically, with some strong troubleshooting skills for good measure.
If you think you're a good fit, read on and apply!
Daily responsibilities include:
- Driving company truck to balance bikes and scooters
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
5+ years driving experience
High School diploma or equivalency
Basic computer/mobile device skills
Ability to safely lift 60+ pounds
- Willing to undergo a criminal background check at the time of hiring
- Basic knowledge of Austin's street layout
- All positions pay living wage with annual cost of living and potential merit raises
- Time and a half pay for holidays
- Earned paid time off, up to 48 hours per year
- Annual Austin BCycle membership
- Discounts on bikes and parts/accessories
**Health care coverage is not available for part-time positions
Nondiscrimination policy: We are committed to diversity among our staff, and recognize that success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour