From the City of Austin
Even with these precautions please be sure that, as you travel and make your essential trips, you continue practicing good hygiene to help prevent spreading illness and disease. Please continue to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue to cover it, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For the latest information and resources for COVID-19, visit the City of Austin's COVID-19 resource page.
Austin Transportation Department Mobility Services COVID-19 Safety Coordination
As you are aware, the situation is rapidly evolving with COVID-19 spreading in communities around the globe. Given the Austin Transportation Department’s role in regulating shared electric scooters, bikes, mopeds, and cars, it is our fundamental responsibility to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our community. Below are the measures that Austin Transportation is taking with licensed and permitted mobility services to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Austin Transportation has made it clear to companies across different industries that as events continue to unfold, they must be prepared to adapt and respond accordingly.