Join the team that is revolutionizing the way Austinites navigate downtown! Austin BCycle is hiring creative, forward thinking individuals to grow Austin’s first public bike sharing service. Team members are trained to maintain bikes, utilize the BCycle administrative site, and are given opportunities for advanced certifications.
We will be experiencing some significant growth in the near future and are seeking an experienced, hard-working mechanic to join our Operations staff. The position will be part-time to start, with the possibility of going full-time in the future based on your performance.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Evaluating, repairing, and maintaining our fleet of 700 BCycles consisting of both electric and standard bicycles
- Documenting and tracking repairs and inventory to ensure accountability
- Occasional field work, which could require operating motor vehicles
- Working full time hours for special events (e.g. SXSW, ACL), with possible overtime
- Demonstrable bicycle mechanic skills (bike shop experience preferred)
- Great troubleshooting skills and high attention to detail
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to safely lift 50+ pounds repeatedly
- Previous bike shop experience a huge plus
- Experience working on Shimano internal geared 3-speed drivetrains and Bosch e-bike motors
- Valid Texas DL and clean driving record
- Must be available to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Well qualified candidates can show strong interpersonal skills, adaptability, dependability, and punctuality.
- Time and a half pay for holidays
- Annual Austin BCycle membership
- Paid sick time
**Health care coverage is not available for part-time positionsNondiscrimination policy:
We are committed to diversity among our staff, and recognize that success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume with a short blurb describing why you are right for the job to Drew Blair, Shop Manager. Click HERE
to submit your information. No phone calls please.