Field Technician (Part Time & Full Time Positions Available)
Bike Share of Austin (BSA), Austin’s local 501(c)(3) non-profit bikeshare operator, will revolutionize the way people get around citywide. Since 2013, BSA has operated MetroBike, the City of Austin’s own bikeshare system in partnership with Capital Metro. MetroBike’s network currently has 77 bikeshare stations and 800+ bikes with plans to expand in the next 5 years by 3x. BSA’s vision for MetroBike includes increasing the visibility and utility of the system as part of the Austin transportation landscape. Making MetroBike to be as recognizable as Capital Metro as an integral part of Austin resident’s trip planning whether they want to take rideshare, transit, and/or walk. If you are an advocate for bicycling and want to be a part of the change in Austin’s transportation landscape, join our team!
Field Technicians are vital to keeping MetroBike running smoothly for visitors and residents alike. Field Technicians ensure our users have a positive experience by ensuring electric bikes are charged, stations have bikes or open docks, and opportunities to get hands-on experience with new technology. We are looking for a self-sufficient, critical thinker with strong troubleshooting skills and a go-getter attitude. This is an entry-level position where no prior experience is required. Once training has completed, it is expected you are able to complete the day-to-day job with minimal oversight.
- Full Time: 8 hour shifts during off peak travel times (12PM - 8PM), 40 hours
- Friday - Tuesday OR Wednesday - Sunday
- Part Time: 8 hour shifts during off peak travel times (12PM - 8PM), 16 hours minimum - 32 hours max
- Driving company truck
- Swapping e-bike batteries and station batteries
- "Balancing" the system by moving bikes from full stations to empty stations
- Communicating with dispatcher
- Basic bike and station repairs
- Working full-time hours for special events with possible overtime (SXSW, ACL, etc.)
- Valid Driver's License
- U.S. work authorization
- Pass criminal background check
- Basic computer/mobile device skills
- Ability to safely lift 60+ pounds as needed
- Clean driving record
- All positions start at $16/hr with annual cost of living and potential merit raises, higher rates available based on experience
- 1.5x pay for working holidays + 8 hours regular pay
- Earned paid time off
- Company paid health and dental coverage (Full Time)
- Optional Employee paid vision coverage (Full Time)
- Annual MetroBike membership
- CapMetro pass
- Discounts on bikes and parts from Trek Bicycle
- Email your resume HERE with the subject line "Field Tech Position"
- Upon reviewing your resume, we will give you a call to setup an interview
**Health care coverage is not available for part-time positionsNondiscrimination policy:
We are committed to diversity among our staff, and recognize that success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.